Website Machakos Golf Club
Swing Into Action
WAITER/WAITRESS – MGC – V/NO. 5
Reports to the Food and Beverage Manager, the successful candidate will be performing
service duty, selling as he/ she is an internal marketer for the products that we have at the
The Waiter/Waitress will take customer orders and serve food and beverages to guests in our
restaurant. Always aware of guest satisfaction to deliver the perfect service experience. Ensure
high quality of food and beverages to guests. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not
limited to: servicing the guest in a friendly, efficient manner while maintaining a clean and safe
work environment. guests must feel welcome, comfortable, and well attended to at all times
Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide the perfect service experience for restaurant patrons.
– Ensure the guest feels important and welcome in the restaurant.
– Ensure hot food is hot and cold food is cold.
– Adhere to timing standards for products and services.
– Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
– Present menu, answer questions, and make menu recommendations.
– Serve customers in an accommodating manner.
– Must know all food liquor, beer, wine, and retail offered.
– Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide guests.
– Pre-bus tables; maintain table cleanliness, bus tables, remove dirty plates.
– Look for ways to avoid waste and limit costs.
– Assist in keeping the restaurant clean and safe.
– Provide responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
– Deliver food and beverages to any table as needed.
– Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
– Report to property on time and in proper uniform.
– Process payments of food and drink orders with the cash register.
– Coordinate with kitchen staff to deliver accurate food orders
Qualifications and Requirements
– Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
– Must have clear written and verbal communication skills.
– Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description.
– Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
– Must be able to consolidate and coordinate needs for all tables within their station.
– Must be able to carry food and beverages.
– Must be able to work in a team environment.
– Must attend food safety training.
– High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
– At least 1-year experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center
– Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
– Ability to comprehend and effectively communicate in fluent English
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants to send their Application, detailed CV and testimonials to
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand delivery during working hours. Deadline: 20th November,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com