Website Machakos Golf Club
Swing Into Action
GREENKEEPER – MGC – V/NO. 7
Reports to the Club Manager, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for
maintaining the golf course and the ensuring that the clubs landscapes areas are well
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive maintenance program for the
– Operate and maintain golf course maintenance equipment, including tractors, mowers,
and other machinery.
– Assist in the maintenance of greens, fairways, tees, bunkers, and other areas of the golf
course including marking of hazards, out of bounds and ground under repair, moving
tee markers, maintaining bunkers and maintaining golf course furniture
– Assist in the maintenance of landscaping, trees, and shrubs on the golf course and
– Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as irrigation system operation, fertilizer and
pesticide applications, and litter removal.
– Assist in the repair and maintenance of golf course equipment and facilities.
– Help to maintain records of all maintenance activities and report on these activities to
the Head Green Keeper and other relevant staff members.
– Respond promptly and professionally to member complaints or concerns related to the
golf course or grounds.
– Driving a tractor with implements
– Undertaking routine machine maintenance including preparing machinery for use
– Preparing machinery for storage
– Measuring green speed and interpreting the results
– The rules of golf relating to golf course maintenance
– Preparing ground to establish plants on the golf course
– Establishing plants on the golf course
– Maintaining trees and shrubs on the golf course
– Identifying plants on the golf course
– Provide assistance with special events and other activities as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– A Diploma preferably in horticulture or related field.
– Previous experience working on a golf course maintenance team will be an added
– Basic knowledge of turfgrass science, irrigation systems, and golf course maintenance
– Ability to operate and maintain golf course maintenance equipment, including tractors,
mowers, and other machinery.
– Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
– Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Strong communication and organizational skills.
– Valid driver’s license.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants to send their Application, detailed CV and testimonials to
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand delivery during working hours. Deadline: 20th November,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com