Website Machakos Golf Club
Swing Into Action
FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER – MGC – V/NO. 3
Reporting to the Club manager, the successful candidate will be performing the banqueting
duties planning for daily Food and beverage events during the functions for the club with the
assistance from the club manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Manages daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains
sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal
– Ensures adherence and compliance to all legislation where due diligence
requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented
for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required.
– Oversee the dining area, and supervises food and beverage service staff in
accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
– Provide feedback and coaching to the team regularly.
– Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation of policies
and obtain feedback from staff members.
– Capable of handling irate customers with a friendly/calm attitude.
– Ensures product quality and great service.
– Prioritizes on tasks effectively to ensure the most important tasks are completed
– Seeks, listens, and responds to guest feedback.
– Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
– Proficiency in Point of sale (POS) software, Restaurant guest satisfaction tracking
-Assist in planning regular and special event menus in collaboration with the
banquet and the club manager.
– Ensure all grooming standards are adhered to in the hotel outlet.
– Tracking, reporting, and management of breakages.
– Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at
the end of the day.
– Ensure the department is prepared and organized to meet all business
requirements, with particular attention to food & beverage stock controls
– Ensure all company and cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times
and any discrepancies identified are fully investigated with appropriate action
– To aid in the development of a positive, motivated, dynamic team through your
effective supervisory and leadership style
– To act as an ambassador, lead the team to exceed client expectations and deliver
– Evaluate client feedback obtained, taking relevant action on feedback points
– Any other duties as may be delegated by the management.
Qualifications and Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or its equivalent with a minimum of 2
years’ experience preferably in a member’s club or a diploma in Food and
Beverage with a minimum of 4 years of experience preferably in a member’s club
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
– Strong supervisory and managerial skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-
example work style
– Computer Literate
– Good analytical and logistical thinking abilities
– Exceptional collaboration and negotiation abilities
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants to send their Application, detailed CV and testimonials to
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand delivery during working hours. Deadline: 20th November,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com